Six Workplace Mental Health Courses Receive IIRSM Approval
As employers evaluate lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic, the value of employee mental health support is rising to the top of the list. In response, an increasing number of organizations are seeking ways to educate their workforce, and managers in particular, on the importance of emotional wellbeing.
Against this backdrop, global employee wellbeing provider Workplace Options (WPO) recently announced that the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) approved six of its courses addressing emotional wellbeing in the workplace. Three of the courses are specifically designed to support managers, who play a key role in recognizing employees in need and guiding them to available resources.
“The curriculum for these courses reflects WPO’s 40 plus years of experience in employee wellbeing, as well as insight based on our real-time employee wellbeing data,” shares Alan King, President and CEO of Workplace Options. “IIRSM’s approval demonstrates the quality of WPO’s wellbeing trainings, as well as the expertise of our trainers.”
IIRSM evaluated the program’s technical content, trainer expertise, learning experience, and quality control process.
The following courses received approval:
- AIR 2.0 for Managers – Managers learn how uncertainty and ambiguity can trigger emotional distress, ways to promote resilience, and how to recognize and appropriately respond to employees experiencing emotional distress
- Wellbeing Ambassador Training – Employees learn the importance of engaging with colleagues in need of support, how to start those conversations while respecting professional boundaries, and how to access available resources
- Psychosocial Risk for Managers – Managers learn to recognize psychosocial risk factors and ways to mitigate risk in the workplace
- Healthy Mind Toolkit: Boosting Your Mental Health – Employees learn how to optimize their mental health and navigate adversity
- Mental Health: Recognize and Respond – Employees learn the importance of normalizing mental health conversations and how to support colleagues in need
- Leveraging Change for a New Chapter – Employees gain the awareness, insight, and strategies needed to navigate change successfully
The courses are available in various languages including English, Arabic, Hindi, French, Spanish, Dutch, Simplified Chinese, and Portuguese.
According to King, WPO will be submitting additional courses for consideration for IIRSM approval.
About Workplace Options
Workplace Options is the world’s largest independent wellbeing solutions leader that supports individuals to become healthier, happier and more productive, both personally and professionally. We deliver digital and in-person support through tailored programs, data intelligence and a comprehensive global network of credentialed providers and professionals to deliver the best positive human-centered experience.